The Work Nicer Team is Growing
Work Nicer is looking for someone to join the Work Nicer team in Edmonton, Alberta. While this role will have a marketing and communications focus, in true Work Nicer fashion, this team member will actually choose their own title!
This individual will lead the Work Nicer Edmonton community, as well as develop and implement comprehensive internal and external communications and programs targeted to all Work Nicer members, potential members and the greater community.
Day to Day
You will be the first go-to person in Edmonton as the community grows and the team grows. The rest of your team is based out of Calgary but will visit often. Just like the rest of the team in Calgary, you will support day-to-day operations for the Edmonton location (we call them outposts), including hosting tours, providing first days, problem solve for at-location issues, etc.
Write and distribute internal communications to Work Nicer members to ensure they are in the know for all things events, member perks, team announcements, etc.
Write and distribute external communications to support marketing and sales initiatives laid out from your Work Nicer team, using channels such as monthly blogs and eNewsletters.
Social Media Management
Write and execute member-centric content for social media channels, including monthly content calendars, on the fly content with members, events, short-term initiatives and long-term campaigns. This content should be fun, valuable and tell stories about the community.
Monitor, listen, join and respond to conversations, both reactive and proactively to build and deepen relationships.
Attend, support, host and leverage events in Edmonton, including events happening at Work Nicer (member events and sponsored events) as well as greater community events.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Expertise with business writing, copywriting and editing
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate in a clear, concise and compelling manner
- Great time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Someone who thrives in fast-faced environments, is a self-starter and problem starter and passionate about people
- Selected candidates will be asked to submit writing sample
- University Degree in Business or Communications is a bonus, but not required. Alex dropped out of college after-all.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience is a bonus, but not required
Think you might be a fit? Shoot us a cover letter and resume to email@example.com